Monday, August 29, 2011

Cleansing Journeys End

Okay so I know I said I was going to cleanse for 28 days.  I know I told you how good for you it is.  The first time I cleansed it was GREAT for me.  I felt wonderful...and did not get sick for two whole years.  I mean not even a sniffle.  

However....that was about 10 years ago and I don't know what is up with my body now, but cleansing is just not for me anymore.  This entire past week I have felt terrible.  It could be that I am older...it could be that I am 40 pounds lighter...it could be that since I last cleansed I had my gall bladder removed...it could be any number of things.   

Whatever the reasons; it just was not working for me.   I have decided to continue to eat healthy for the duration of the time that I was going to cleanse for.  Fruits and Veggies with an occasional healthy protein thrown in.  Still no caffeine, sugar, salt, alcohol or processed foods.  I am committed to cleansing my body, just not in the way I had originally intended.   I guess you could say that I am cleansing my body the way God intended.  

I am supposed to be de-stressing my life and "The Cleanse" week was the most stress I have felt in over a month.  Since I stopped I have felt much more calm and back in control of things.  O'well live and learn right?


Give your stress wings and let it fly away.  ~Terri Guillemets


No comments:

Post a Comment