Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Discover Me Wednesday

I am constantly on the lookout for new artists to feature on Discover Me Wednesday.  I love to wander around on ETSY and just put in key words and see what comes up.  Last week when I put in the keyword "Tree" I came across so many wonderful items, but one artist really caught my attention and I wandered around her shop for quite some time ooooo-ing and aaaaah-ing over every little thing.  

Underglass is the name of the shop I'd like to introduce you to.
These gorgeous creations are not made with glass, as the name of the shop would suggest.  All of the items you will find are handmade Resin and mixed media jewelry. 



In the artists profile she talks about the name "Underglass" and how it came about.  Her grandmother used to have a collection of glass domes in her home.  Under those domes she kept items that were special to her.



















When this artist would give her grandmother a handmade gift she says that she would know that she got it right when her grandmother would say; "This is wonderful, this belongs under glass!"  You can visit Underglass's profile page to read the whole story in her own words. 



   

Please be sure to visit "Underglass" and wander around her shop like I did.  Enjoy the beauty there.  Purchase a lovely of your own to place under your own glass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment