Thursday, July 8, 2010

Discover Me Wednesday

I know I am posting on Thursday this week, but these summer days just seem to get away from me. It is important to me to feature one artist a week so here I am on Thursday morning to share this weeks Discover me Wednesday artist. I found something extraordinary in the Meadow and I just had to share it with you.
I have recently discovered the art of mixed media and while looking around on ETSY I stumbled upon a shop called Art Essence. The artist of this fantastic little shop is Marty Husted. Marty is a freelance illustrator and fine artist living in Columbus, Ohio. As a child Marty loved to play in the woods , dream, and imagine herself in far-off fantasy world places. Looking at her art can transport you to the imaginations in her fantasy world and it is a place that you could stay and roam in for hours.

^
Watercolor River

Marty has a B.F.A. in illustration from Columbus College of Art and Design, and she has collaborated with authors Carole Gerber, Diane and Joseph Donnermeyer and Jane Hoffelt to create some beautiful children's books. All of these books can be found on Amazon.com


Marty's art can be found in her ETSY shop Art Essence, as well as the Studios on High Art Gallery in Columbus, Ohio. Her website MartyHusted.com is filled with photos of her illustrations from the award winning books that she has worked on, her oil paintings, and mixed media artwork. You can also contact Marty to visit your school to speak to the children about her beautiful illustrations.

2 comments:

  1. Abolutely beautiful art! I love vibrant art as well as soft and muted.
    Here is a link to a friend of mine called Kate.
    http://ustercollage.blogspot.com/
    She uses recycled paper and creates her work in layers. It's amazing! There is also a video link there somewhere and you can see how the work is put together.
    Thank you also for visiting my blog.
    Nikki xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great selection of art, those colours and patterns are enchanting!
    I love your blog, Heather, I'll be back soon!
    Annette x

    ReplyDelete